There are some cases where you may need to change your annual review date (i.e. to align dates across companies). A request to change a review date will be considered if the company or companies have:
- a common ultimate holding company
- a common officeholder
- a common responsible entity
- exceptional circumstances
ASIC will NOT change the annual review date to assist a registered agent in managing their workload (i.e. spread the review dates of the companies represented evenly across the year).
Applying for a Change of Annual Review Dates
You can apply at any time if you are:
- an officeholder of the company or
- a responsible entity for a scheme.
To apply complete the Application to change the review date of a company or registered scheme (Form 488).
This is a manual form and will need to be prepared and lodged outside of CAS 360.
Will changing my review date result in two annual reviews for the year?
Changing your review date can result in two annual reviews in the first financial year. This will be received in the Annual Reviews screen.
Manually Edit Annual Review Date
The following are steps to manually update the Annual Review data for a company to match ASIC, for instance in the case where the review date was changed outside of CAS 360 and records needed to be updated to reflect the same.
- Select the relevant company from the Company Selection screen.
- Under the General Details tab, scroll down to Company Dates. Expand the dates section by clicking the plus button.
- Edit the Annual Review date
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.